- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken
- 1/4 cup Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 8 small dried red chilies
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1−inch squares
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Cut chicken into 1−inch pieces.
Place chicken in marinade and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to
coat sides. Add chilies and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10
seconds. Add chicken and stir−fry for 2 minutes. Remove chicken and
chilies from wok.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic
and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add celery, bell
pepper, and bamboo shoots; stir−fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Return chicken and chilies to wok; stir−fry for 1 minute. Add sauce and
bring to a boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce
boils and thickens. Add peanuts and stir to coat.
Vote for your favourite recipes here