- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned, boned and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tb cornstarch
- 5 tb corn oil
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 lb. bok choy or Chinese white cabbage, chopped
- 2 tb sugar
- 4 tb soy sauce
- 6 scallions, chopped (green onions)
- In a bowl, toss chicken with the salt and pepper, garlic and cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of corn oil in a wok and stir in mushrooms, bok choy/cabbage and sugar for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from wok.
- Heat remaining corn oil in wok. Stir−fry chicken for 2 minutes over high heat. Add soy sauce and mix well. Cover and cook for about 6 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Mix in the cooked vegetables and scallions. Stir fry together for about 1 minute. Serve hot with rice.