- 1 − 20 oz can pineapple chunks
- 2 quarts chopped red−skinned apples (skins left on)
- 2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans
- 1 cup celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Drain pineapple, reserving the juice and set chunks aside. Prepare the dressing: In small sauce pan combine the pineapple juice, butter, sugar, and lemon juice and bring to a boil over medium heat. In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and enough water to make a smooth mixture; add to the boiling juice. Reduce heat and cook until mixture is thick and smooth. Chill. Whisk in the mayonnaise.
Place the pineapple chunks and the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well; then mix in the chilled dressing.